HMG, based near Lazy Lake Florida, provides installation of hurricane resistant garage doors that provide wind protection in the event of a major storm. Hurricane Management Group provides:
• Hurricane Garage Door Installation & Replacement
• Reinforcement & Hurricane Protection for Garage Doors
• Hurricane Garage Door Parts
• Lazy Lake Garage Door Replacement, Broward County
Do You Know That…
– The garage door is potentially the largest and weakest opening of your home to a hurricane?
– According to the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes about 80% of residential hurricane wind damage starts with wind entry through garage doors?
– The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has identified the loss of the garage door as one of four major factors in homes damaged and destroyed in Hurricane Andrew?
– As the American Red Cross warns, if your garage door fails, the full fury of the hurricane will enter your house and in all probability blow off your roof and destroy your home?
Have property near Lazy Lake or Broward County, Florida?
Contact Us for a FREE ESTIMATE.
Broward County: (954) 256-0030
Garage Door Installation / Replacement Safety Tips
1) Replace Old Springs. Your garage door’s springs are arguably the most important and most dangerous part of your door. Springs wear out. When they break, injury can result. If you have an older garage door, have your springs inspected by a professional technician and replaced if needed. If your door has two springs, replace both, even if one is not broken. This will not only prevent any damage caused by the breaking of the second spring, but also keep your door working efficiently.
2) Check Your Cables. Visually inspect the cables that attach the spring system to the bottom brackets on both sides of the door. If these cables are frayed or worn, they are in danger of breaking, which can cause injury. Due to the dangers associated with high spring tension, these cables should be replaced only by a trained technician.
3) Squeaky Springs? Springs can squeak and be noisy. This is caused by normal use and does not necessarily indicate a problem. Before calling a professional service technician, use a spray-on lubricant (recommended especially for garage doors). If the noise persists, call a professional garage door installer for service.
4) A Do-It-Yourselfer, Eh? Installing a garage door can be very dangerous and is not recommended for a novice. DASMA recommends that trained door systems technicians install garage doors. If you attempt the installation by yourself, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions carefully.
5) Safety Cables. If your garage door has extension springs, you need a safety cable that runs through the spring and secures to the wall or ceiling at each end. When your garage door is down, extension springs are under high tension. If the spring breaks, it may cause injury. A safety cable can keep that broken spring contained. If you have extension springs but do not have a safety cable, call your local dealer for a safety inspection.
6) Struggling Door? If your door does not go up and down smoothly, you may have an unsafe condition. Even older door systems should operate smoothly. If the awkward operation continues when the door is manually operated, you may have a spring system that is out of balance. This can cause premature wear and tear on other important door components. Spring systems are dangerous and should be repaired only by trained professionals.
7) Watch Your Fingers! Every year, many unsuspecting homeowners injure their fingers by placing them between the door sections to pull down on the door. According to DASMA Standard 116, if your door lacks pinch-resistant joints, you should have lift handles or suitable gripping points on the inside and outside of the door. Even if your door has an opener, the door must occasionally be operated manually. Never place your fingers between the door sections. If you manually open or close the door, use the handles or the safe gripping points!
8) Tamper Resistant Brackets. Since the bottom brackets on a garage door are connected to the door’s springs, these brackets are under extreme tension. They should be adjusted or loosened only by a trained door systems technician. Many manufacturers now include tamper resistant hardware that prevents loosening of the brackets by a novice.
9) Use the Old Track? When buying a replacement garage door, some homeowners are tempted to save a few dollars by putting the new door on the old track. However, your old track may not fit with your new door, depending on the thickness of your sections, the weight of the door, the headroom required, the location of the garage door opener, and other considerations. The track and sections work together as a system. For maximum performance and long life, you should use the track that is designed for your specific door.
10) Regular Service. Your garage door is probably the largest moving part in your home and is typically used every day. Over time, parts can wear out and break, creating potential safety problems. Although you should provide monthly safety checks and maintenance to your garage door system, an annual visit from a trained door systems technician can keep your door operating safely and smoothly for a long time.
11) Man the Manual. Keep the owner’s manuals for your door and opener hanging near the door for easy reference. Every model of door and opener has specific safety instructions unique to that model. Where is your manual?
Hurricane Garage Door Types
Olympus Traditional Style Garage Door
AMARR Olympus Garage Door – Hi R-value and lasting style with superior energy efficiency. R-Value: 13.35 – 19.40 Warranty: Lifetime Price: $$ More Garage Doors Garage Door Construction Built to last. All Amarr Garage Doors are constructed to high quality standards.
Stratford Traditional Style Garage Door
AMARR Stratford Garage Door – Traditional style in low-maintenance steel. R-Value: 6.58 – 6.64 Warranty: 15 Yrs – Lifetime Price: $ More Garage Doors Garage Door Construction Built to last. All Amarr Garage Doors are constructed to high quality standards.
Lincoln Traditional Style Garage Door
AMARR Lincoln Garage Door – No better value in low-maintenance steel. R-value: 9.19 Warranty: Lifetime Price: $ More Garage Doors Garage Door Construction Built to last. All Amarr Garage Doors are constructed to high quality standards.
Heritage Traditional Style Garage Door
AMARR Heritage Garage Door – Enduring style in heavy-duty, low-maintenance steel. R-Value: 6.64 – 9.19 Warranty: Lifetime Price: $$ More Garage Doors Garage Door Construction Built to last. All Amarr Garage Doors are constructed to high quality standards.
Custom Design Specialty Style Garage Door
AMARR Custom Design Garage Door – Customize your garage door to fit your style and home. R-Value: 9 Warranty: 1 Yr Price: $$$$$ More Garage Doors Garage Door Construction Built to last. All Amarr Garage Doors are constructed to high quality standards.
Lazy Lake FL
Lazy Lake is a village contained entirely within the borders of the city of Wilton Manors, in Broward County, Florida. The population was 24 at the 2010 census. The village of Lazy Lake is roughly 620,000 sq ft (58,000 m2).
From Article: January 16, 2012 by Susannah Bryan, Sun Sentinel
Lazy Lake – A tiny hamlet in the midst of a bustling metropolis, its very existence defies the imagination. Lazy Lake has no traffic light, no gas station, no website, no town hall, and only one road to call its own. The 35 residents who live in Broward County’s smallest town like it that way. “The more people don’t know about us, the better,” longtime resident and onetime mayor Joe Fodera said of the village, founded in 1953. The village last had an election in 2006, when newcomer Lyn McFarland broke with tradition and challenged Joe McCallion for mayor, breaking a political dry spell that lasted 22 years. “Once every 20 years, we’ll have an election,” Fodera quipped. Elections cost money, Fodera said. Better to just take turns being mayor, residents say. “Everybody gets a turn here and there, depending on how long they’ve lived here,” said McCallion. In 2006, McFarland beat McCallion 12 to 3 in an election that boasted a 59% turnout. The people who live in the 15 homes built around the village’s 3.5-acre namesake lake have no interest in joining Wilton Manors, their much-larger neighboring municipality. “Everyone is content just the way it is,” said Fodera, who relinquished the mayor’s title in 2010 for another: village clerk, the town’s only paid employee. As clerk, he makes $4,800 a year and helps oversee Lazy Lake’s $35,000 annual budget. “I want to maintain the village’s countrylike charm and keep it the way it is,” said Pringle, who moved to Lazy Lake in February 2010 after relocating to Fort Lauderdale from New York five years earlier. Lazy Lake FL residents pay low taxes – $495 per $100,000 of assessed value compared with $699 in Wilton Manors – and want to make sure it stays that way, Pringle said. Home values here range from $278,000 to $595,000, but average about $500,000, even with the depressed real estate market. Lazy Lake is bordered by Andrews Avenue on the west and Northeast First Avenue on the east, Northeast 21st Court on the south and Northeast 24th Street on the north. Lazy Lake made national news in 1995 when residents put their tiny town up for sale, listing it for $15 million. “It was a great deal,” Fodera said. “Where can you buy a town for $15 million in Florida?” No one, however, took the deal.
Hurricane Wilma was the most intense hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic basin. Wilma was the fourth Category 5 hurricane and second-most destructive hurricane of the record-breaking 2005 season. Formed in the Caribbean Sea near Jamaica on October 15. Wilma continued intensifying, and eventually became a hurricane on October 18. Shortly thereafter, extreme intensification occurred, and in only 24 hours, Wilma became a Category 5 hurricane with winds of 185 mph (295 km/h). Hurricane Wilma made landfall in Cape Romano, Florida with winds of 120 mph (190 km/h). Hurricane Wilma made several landfalls, with the most destructive effects felt in the Yucatán Peninsula of Mexico, Cuba, and the US state of Florida. At least 62 deaths were reported, and damage is estimated at $29.1 billion (2005 USD), $20.6 billion (2005 USD) of which occurred in the United States. As a result, Hurricane Wilma is ranked among the top five most costly hurricanes ever recorded in the Atlantic and the fifth costliest storm in United States history.
Lazy Lake, Broward County, Florida, Hurricane Garage Doors Installation and General Contractor
Lazy Lake FL Aluminum Fence Railing
Lazy Lake FL Automatic Aluminum Gates
Lazy Lake FL Custom Window Blinds
Lazy Lake FL FEMA Flood Barriers, Panels
Lazy Lake FL Flooring Installation
Lazy Lake FL Garage Door Installation
Lazy Lake FL Natural Stone (Granite) Countertop Installation (Kitchen / Bathroom)
Lazy Lake FL Hurricane Shutters
Lazy Lake FL Impact Windows, Doors, Skylights
Lazy Lake FL Painting Contractors
Lazy Lake FL Retractable Awnings
Lazy Lake FL Rolling Screen Doors
Hurricane Management Group
Lazy Lake, FL
Phone: (954) 256-0030
Contact Person: Michael Sorrell
Lazy Lake Garage Doors Installation: Replacement