Hurricane Management Group provides high quality hurricane accordion storm shutter system installation for commercial and residential buildings throughout South Florida: Broward County, Miami-Dade County, and Monroe County.
Our Eastern Metal and Bertha HV (High Velocity) and HVHD (High Velocity High Density) accordion storm shutter systems meet or exceed all Miami-Dade County HVHZ (High Velocity Hurricane Zone) requirements and can be installed on almost any residential or commercial building, including high-rise buildings.
What are Hurricane Accordion Storm Shutters?
Accordion shutters are a permanently installed storm shutter system designed for both protection from the elements (such as hurricanes) and home / office security. They fold back to stack neatly next to the opening similar to a louvered door and are composed of one or two pieces. Accordion storm shutters are great for windows and doors, balconies, large patio openings, and commercial high-rise buildings.
Hurricane accordion shutters are convenient and easily close within minutes. They lock from either the inside or outside for increased convenience, security and protection. Accordion shutters are made of aluminum and should be cleaned and lubricated twice a year before and after each hurricane season. Accordion shutters are considered one of the strongest shutters available and are a reasonably priced upgrade to plywood or storm panel systems.
The Bertha HV Accordion Shutter is truly one of the best accordion storm shutters in the market today. Its blade has been designed to reduce stacking, while enhancing its strength.
The Bertha HVHD offers a thicker blade with a heavy mortise lock seen in high end commercial storefront doors. This shutter system increases wind loads and improves security.
Features & Benefits:
- Reduces inventory
- Rapid response to storm threats – closes quickly to protect your opening in the event of a storm
- Convenience – no more putting up, taking down or storing panels
- No storage space needed – permanent installation of accordion shutters frees up valuable storage space
- Puts an end to putting up and taking down storm panels throughout the season
- Provides added security with choice of either inside or outside locking mechanisms
- Unobstructed view – in the open position the accordion is equally stacked to both sides which offers a full view
- Energy efficient – in closed or semi-closed position accordion reflects the sun’s harsh rays and provides shade
- Privacy – in the closed position the accordion shutter restricts ability to see into the opening
- Increases value of your property – permanent hurricane protection is seen as an upgrade to your property
- Code approved for most areas
- Long-lasting performance
- No additional locking rods required
- Minimal bi-yearly maintenance – aluminum construction needs only occasional washing as needed and regularly scheduled lubrication of plastic rollers and locking mechanism with a silicon based product
Available in White (WH), Ivory (IV), Beige (BG), and Bronze (MB).
Pricing, Cost and FREE Estimate Coupon:
All installations are different and may require additional build-outs, specialty engineering, and/or equipment which will impact estimated costs. Permit costs vary and should be disclosed prior to construction.
**Prices are subject to change and should be used for ESTIMATED PRICING ONLY.
Please call to schedule a FREE ESTIMATE.
Broward County: (954) 256-0030
Collier County: (941) 251-0030
Miami-Dade County: (305) 440-0030
Monroe County: (305) 330-5511