HMG, based near Boca Raton Florida, provides installation of hurricane resistant garage doors that provide wind protection in the event of a major storm. Hurricane Management Group provides:
• Hurricane Garage Door Installation & Replacement
• Reinforcement & Hurricane Protection for Garage Doors
• Hurricane Garage Door Parts
• Boca Raton Garage Door Replacement, Palm Beach County
Do You Know That…
– The garage door is potentially the largest and weakest opening of your home to a hurricane?
– According to the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes about 80% of residential hurricane wind damage starts with wind entry through garage doors?
– The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has identified the loss of the garage door as one of four major factors in homes damaged and destroyed in Hurricane Andrew?
– As the American Red Cross warns, if your garage door fails, the full fury of the hurricane will enter your house and in all probability blow off your roof and destroy your home?
Have property near Boca Raton or Palm Beach County, Florida?
Contact Us for a FREE ESTIMATE.
Palm Beach County: (954) 256-0030
Garage Door Installation / Replacement Safety Tips
1) Replace Old Springs. Your garage door’s springs are arguably the most important and most dangerous part of your door. Springs wear out. When they break, injury can result. If you have an older garage door, have your springs inspected by a professional technician and replaced if needed. If your door has two springs, replace both, even if one is not broken. This will not only prevent any damage caused by the breaking of the second spring, but also keep your door working efficiently.
2) Check Your Cables. Visually inspect the cables that attach the spring system to the bottom brackets on both sides of the door. If these cables are frayed or worn, they are in danger of breaking, which can cause injury. Due to the dangers associated with high spring tension, these cables should be replaced only by a trained technician.
3) Squeaky Springs? Springs can squeak and be noisy. This is caused by normal use and does not necessarily indicate a problem. Before calling a professional service technician, use a spray-on lubricant (recommended especially for garage doors). If the noise persists, call a professional garage door installer for service.
4) A Do-It-Yourselfer, Eh? Installing a garage door can be very dangerous and is not recommended for a novice. DASMA recommends that trained door systems technicians install garage doors. If you attempt the installation by yourself, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions carefully.
5) Safety Cables. If your garage door has extension springs, you need a safety cable that runs through the spring and secures to the wall or ceiling at each end. When your garage door is down, extension springs are under high tension. If the spring breaks, it may cause injury. A safety cable can keep that broken spring contained. If you have extension springs but do not have a safety cable, call your local dealer for a safety inspection.
6) Struggling Door? If your door does not go up and down smoothly, you may have an unsafe condition. Even older door systems should operate smoothly. If the awkward operation continues when the door is manually operated, you may have a spring system that is out of balance. This can cause premature wear and tear on other important door components. Spring systems are dangerous and should be repaired only by trained professionals.
7) Watch Your Fingers! Every year, many unsuspecting homeowners injure their fingers by placing them between the door sections to pull down on the door. According to DASMA Standard 116, if your door lacks pinch-resistant joints, you should have lift handles or suitable gripping points on the inside and outside of the door. Even if your door has an opener, the door must occasionally be operated manually. Never place your fingers between the door sections. If you manually open or close the door, use the handles or the safe gripping points!
8) Tamper Resistant Brackets. Since the bottom brackets on a garage door are connected to the door’s springs, these brackets are under extreme tension. They should be adjusted or loosened only by a trained door systems technician. Many manufacturers now include tamper resistant hardware that prevents loosening of the brackets by a novice.
9) Use the Old Track? When buying a replacement garage door, some homeowners are tempted to save a few dollars by putting the new door on the old track. However, your old track may not fit with your new door, depending on the thickness of your sections, the weight of the door, the headroom required, the location of the garage door opener, and other considerations. The track and sections work together as a system. For maximum performance and long life, you should use the track that is designed for your specific door.
10) Regular Service. Your garage door is probably the largest moving part in your home and is typically used every day. Over time, parts can wear out and break, creating potential safety problems. Although you should provide monthly safety checks and maintenance to your garage door system, an annual visit from a trained door systems technician can keep your door operating safely and smoothly for a long time.
11) Man the Manual. Keep the owner’s manuals for your door and opener hanging near the door for easy reference. Every model of door and opener has specific safety instructions unique to that model. Where is your manual?
Hurricane Garage Door Types
Olympus Traditional Style Garage Door
AMARR Olympus Garage Door – Hi R-value and lasting style with superior energy efficiency. R-Value: 13.35 – 19.40 Warranty: Lifetime Price: $$ More Garage Doors Garage Door Construction Built to last. All Amarr Garage Doors are constructed to high quality standards.
Stratford Traditional Style Garage Door
AMARR Stratford Garage Door – Traditional style in low-maintenance steel. R-Value: 6.58 – 6.64 Warranty: 15 Yrs – Lifetime Price: $ More Garage Doors Garage Door Construction Built to last. All Amarr Garage Doors are constructed to high quality standards.
Lincoln Traditional Style Garage Door
AMARR Lincoln Garage Door – No better value in low-maintenance steel. R-value: 9.19 Warranty: Lifetime Price: $ More Garage Doors Garage Door Construction Built to last. All Amarr Garage Doors are constructed to high quality standards.
Heritage Traditional Style Garage Door
AMARR Heritage Garage Door – Enduring style in heavy-duty, low-maintenance steel. R-Value: 6.64 – 9.19 Warranty: Lifetime Price: $$ More Garage Doors Garage Door Construction Built to last. All Amarr Garage Doors are constructed to high quality standards.
Custom Design Specialty Style Garage Door
AMARR Custom Design Garage Door – Customize your garage door to fit your style and home. R-Value: 9 Warranty: 1 Yr Price: $$$$$ More Garage Doors Garage Door Construction Built to last. All Amarr Garage Doors are constructed to high quality standards.
Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Florida, Garage Doors Installation: Replacement and General Contractor
Boca Raton FL Aluminum Fence Railing
Boca Raton FL Automatic Aluminum Gates
Boca Raton FL Custom Window Blinds
Boca Raton FL FEMA Flood Barriers, Panels
Boca Raton FL Flooring Installation
Boca Raton FL Garage Door Installation
Boca Raton FL Natural Stone (Granite) Countertop Installation (Kitchen / Bathroom)
Boca Raton FL Hurricane Shutters
Boca Raton FL Impact Windows, Doors, Skylights
Boca Raton FL Painting Contractors
Boca Raton FL Retractable Awnings
Boca Raton FL Rolling Screen Doors
Hurricane Management Group
South Florida General Contractor
Phone: (305) 440-0030